Typical Daily Schedule
- 7:30 – 8:30 am – Breakfast
- 8:45am - Goal setting, chalk-talk
- 9:15am – Outdoor Training I
- 11:00am – Positional Skill Sessions/Break
- 12:00pm – Lunch
- 1:00pm – Instructional Session or Reflection/Goal Setting/chalk-talk
- 1:30pm – Outdoor Training II
- 3:30pm – Individual positional skills, or swim time/free time
- 4:15pm – Pool Time/Down Time
- 5:00pm – Dinner
- 6:00pm – Instructional Session*
- 6:30pm – Outdoor Training III
- 8:00pm – Reflection on day’s learning, Q&A; Film Session, Guest Speaker
- 9:00pm – Supervised Free Time, Small Group Activity, Snacks
- 11:00pm – Lights Out
* Instructional sessions include a College Admissions session (for h.s. students), strength and conditioning training, nutrition, leadership development, and self-assessment/video analysis.
Campers will be supervised by experienced camp staff throughout their stay, including in the residence halls. Athletic trainer is available 24/7. PBRC exists for all to learn and enjoy. Students will be responsible for their behavior. Polar Bear Rugby Camp at Bowdoin College reserves the right to send any camper home without refund if found to be uncooperative or detrimental to the camp for any reason.
Check-in at Coles Tower Lobby, located on College Street, behind Admissions. Visitor parking is available at South Campus Drive, Coffin Street or the Admissions lot. All campers will check-in between 11:30am – 1:00pm on Thursday, July 13th, 2017. Lunch is served in Thorne Dining Hall (in Coles Tower) until 1:30pm. Family members are welcome to eat lunch - please mention ‘Rugby Camp’ for a discounted rate. Camp starts promptly at 1:45pm.
Players are responsible for their room key and meal card. Bowdoin College, separate from Polar Bear Rugby Camp may charge a replacement cost for any lost key cards.
Camp ends at 1:00pm on Sunday, July 16th. Parents are encouraged to attend the morning session of games and the awards ceremony on Sunday at Pickard Fields, Watson Drive. Campers will then have time to shower and check-out from Coles Tower.