Draft Camp Schedule, 2023
11:30am-1:00pm Check in & Lunch Thursday, 7/13, @ Coles Tower Lobby & Moulton Union Dining Hall
[camper’s Lunch included and is available at DINING’s cost for family]
- 1:30pm Welcome & Introductions, followed by afternoon & evening field sessions
- Each day begins with Individual Goal Setting/Chalk-Talk, Q&A Prep
- Outdoor Session I
- 11:45am – Break
- 12:00pm – Lunch
- 1:00pm – Positional Skills or Special Program (Rugby Laws, strength training for rugby, sport psychology)
- 1:45 Individual Goal Setting/Chalk-Talk, prep for next session
- 2:00pm Outdoor Session II
- 3:45pm – rest or 1 on 1 with coaches
- 4:15 – 5:00pm – Pool/Free time
- 5:15pm – Dinner
- 6:30 pm Outdoor Session III (Thursday, Friday) Sat. indoor video analysis, positional skills assessment
- 8:00pm Back to dorms
- 9:00pm Evening program, opt.
Drop off/Check-in is at Coles Tower Lobby in Thorne Hall. Parking is available in the Coffin St. lot and on Park Row. Minimal parking in the Admissions lot; please don’t leave cars for long in Admissions lot. Rugby pitch is located on Watson Drive, behind Farley Field House; Watson Drive is off Harpswell Road/Route 123.
Campers please settle into your rooms in Coles Tower and have lunch at Moulton Union Dining Hall (on South Campus Drive, across College St. from Coles Tower) prior to our 1:30pm meeting. Families are welcome to join you for lunch; we apologize we cannot provide lunch for family members but Bowdoin Dining is happy to serve you at the normal cost.
Camp starts promptly at 1:30pm on Thursday and ends at ~ 1:30pm on Sunday
Departure on Thurs, Fri & Sat –
Commuter campers should be picked up at 8:45pm at Coles Tower or directly at the field, if communicated. Camp ends at 1:30pm on Sunday, July 16.
Departure on Sunday –
Students must check out with camp manager in Coles Tower prior to leaving to insure all campers depart the college with a parent or approved ride.
Camp ends at 1:30 ~ 2:00pm on Sunday, July 16th. Families are encouraged to attend Sunday games starting at 11:00am at Whittier Field followed by snacks and awards ceremony.